Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bugging & reptiles: Spring is here!

Another wonderful day of sunshine fell upon the land of Cornwall, and whilst Tracee went on a training course, so I took the time to wander around some new areas not yet been trod by my trainers.

The initial point of insertion was a playing field just on the outskirts of Camborne Town centre. Woodpigeons busied themselves collecting twigs & Gold/Greenfinches just flew around… but other than that, not much was doing. I observed on the walk to the field a public footpath just before the entrance, so I went on a ramble down the mysterious corridor in search of something magical and altogether more interesting.

Shield bugs had begun to make a welcome return to the hedgerows and it did seem that finally spring was upon us. A butterfly was briefly spotted (and this time not a Peacock!) but I didn’t have time to classify it. Ladybirds had also started to appear and various bees and hoverflies meandered down the lane.

Another welcome site was a trio of lizards basking in the late morning sun.

Later on in the day we visited a friend and her lovely cats, I spent most of the time wandering around her garden where I managed to find only one interesting creature; a Crab Spider (Misumena vatia) enjoying some brunch.

No comments: