Sunday, April 8, 2007

Krites Vs The Cardinal

I have not had much time over the past few days to go out, although a brief stop at Stithians reservoir did produce the Hillbilly Grebe (that the birders at Falmouth Birding always see) and more Lizards than I care to shake any variety of stick at.

I will be out more next week, just for one hour jaunts up and down the local patches to see what has decided to retire from the winter slumber and munch on some fresh greenery. And next week also includes my long awaited ‘beetle trapping’ sessions, so who knows what surprises I may encounter when emptying the traps (most probably just some dreary wolf spiders and a slightly miffed slug).

Then we have the ‘surprise Pupae’ jars, which contain mysterious Pupae connected to even more mystical flying beasts that I have yet to identify in the Pupae state (again, probably just a blue bottle…).

The moment it hatches, I shall photograph and release it unto the world (and let you know just what it is currently transforming inside the plastic container). The whole process should take 10 days, probably less as the current detainee may have been in the Pupa stage for some time already.

Actually, it may even be some beetle pupa…

Or… I may even wake up one morning to find the container ripped to shreds and an interstellar bounty hunter called Ug wanting to know where the Krite is…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fool read a scarcely any of the articles on your website in the present circumstances, and I definitely like your fashionableness of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap stage list and resolve be checking assist soon. Divert report register into public notice my site as ok and vindicate me be acquainted with what you think. Thanks.